Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The finished workbench

With the last obstacles out of the way, I managed to finish the workbench.

Installing the wagon vise was actually easier than anticipated.
I applied some wipe on finish for the top and the sliding deadman. Maybe I'll manage to remove the old workbench tomorrow, and move this one to its position.

I drilled some 30 mm holes for dogs in the top. The throw of the vise is 12 cm, and the holes are spaced 8 cm apart. In the far end of the bench, I couldn't make the holes, as they would coincide with the leg of the workbench. Therefore there are 3 holes missing.
The holes in the deadman are 3/4".

The next part of this project is to turn some dogs to fit in the holes.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice looking and functional bench. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work man,
    Whats next on the list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment.
      Next I need to make some dogs for the holes, and the next project is to clear out in the worshop, and probabbly finish some projects.
      I started a modular marble machine some time ago, and my children would like to see it finished.
      Brgds Jonas

      Delete
  4. Wow! Sweet bench. Roubo with shoulder vice. very unique.

    ReplyDelete